Background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Couponing on Carolina in the Morning!

This past Tuesday I had the chance to do a shopping trip on WECT News' Carolina in the Morning show with Claire Hossman. It was so much fun and such a great opportunity to share some couponing tips with others. We shopped at the Harris Teeter store at Shipyard Blvd., which you must visit sometime if you never have! Harris Teeter specifically wanted to show off their flagship store, which is enormous with a Starbucks inside, and very well stocked.

Claire and I did eight segments, where we discussed shopping tips and the basics of how to save in the store.



For fun, we added a final segment where we had to shop for $20 or less and fill up a cart. I really wanted to drive home the fact that coupons are not just for unhealthy items. In fact, some of the items that I put in my cart included low sodium nuts, 8 ears of fresh corn, bananas, turkey hotdogs, rice, noodles and mustard. These, except for the hotdogs, are all whole foods, not boxed items. Also, I wanted to show that couponing can be helpful in the household items department as well. During the trip I also bought Cottonnelle toilet paper, Mr. Clean cleaner, Gain laundry detergent, Dove Deoderant for women, Crest toothpaste, and some other items.

The checkout was very exciting and I was nervous because I had only brought $20 cash! I told Claire that if we didn't meet our goal, that I would have to put something back! Think I met my goal? Check out my next post where I will put a video showing the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment