Background

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

CVS Diaper Promotion


 Every month or so, one of the drug stores will do a diaper promotion, where you get special pricing on diapers if you buy X amount. I usually take advantage of those weeks as an opportunity to stock up.


The biggest problem I run into during those promos is the store being out of the exact brand or size of diapers that I need for my baby. But, it's usually wise to get what they have, as long as it works for the promo, and then return them for the proper size later, when the promo is over. If you wait until they have exactly the size you need to do the deal, you may miss out on it all together.


This week CVS has a pretty neat deal where you can choose from Luvs, Huggies or Pampers for the promo. If you buy 6 bags, you get the seventh free! After you purchase six bags, a coupon will print out for another free pack. I suggest redeeming the coupon right away if they allow it!


To make it even better, if you buy $25 worth, you get $10 in Extra Care Bucks back to use towards something else in the store. My strategy is to see which diapers I can find coupons for and see if the deal makes them worth getting.


I personally love Pampers; they smell great and rarely leak for me. Unfortunately, they are the most expensive. My next favorite is Luvs and then finally, I really don't like Huggies. However, if the deal works out where Huggies are the best deal, I will use them and deal with it!


I worked up a scenario using each brand of diaper to determine the best deal:

Luvs: $7 each. Buy six for $42 and get a coupon for seventh bag free. After paying, you will get $10 back, making the diapers essentially $4.57 each pack. I couldn't find any Luvs coupons; if you had some, you could apply them to the first total to bring down your cost.


Pampers: $9 each. Buy six packs for $54. Use 3 coupons from Proctor and Gamble insert for $1.50 off of two packs. $54-$4.50= $49.50 out of pocket for 7 bags of Pampers. Get $10 in Extra Care Bucks, making each pack of diapers cost on average $7.07 each. This is an okay deal, but nothing to get too excited about in my opinion.


Huggies: $9 each. Buy six packs for $54. Use six $3.00 off of one pack coupons. $54-$18=$36 out of pocket for 7 bags of Huggies. Get $10 in Extra Care Bucks, making each pack of diapers cost on average $3.71. Not bad. There are also some $1.50 off of one coupons out there, if you can't find the $3.00 off of one, although I saw both coupons on sale on EBAY.

I do have a question regarding the Huggies- I wonder if they will allow me to use a coupon when redeeming my free diaper coupon? Often they will still allow you to use a coupon even on the free item. If that is the case and they allow it, the total per pack would be $3.28, which is a good deal. If you do try to use a coupon on the free Huggies, along with the free coupon they give you, be sure to buy a small filler item, like a $.25 piece of candy. You have to have the same amount of items as you do coupons, or the machine will not allow the transaction.


If you don't want to worry with coupons, doing the deal with the Luvs diapers would be the easiest bet. No coupons to worry with and still only $4.57 per pack. 

Finally, I am going to try to get my hands on one of those $5 off $20 or $5 off $25 coupons that CVS sometimes gives out, since that would help bring down the cost, too. Those can be combined with ExtraCare Buck offers and with manufacturer's coupons, since they are considered different types of coupons.


Keep in mind that this deal ends Saturday night, so don't delay! If you have a great diaper savings scenario, please share it with us. Let me know if you decide to do the diaper promo and how it worked out for you! For more deals, check out the CVS flyer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment