Background

Friday, June 22, 2012

Delly's Delicious and Easy Crockpot Chicken!


I want to share a simple and easy recipe that you will love! I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and have since made it several times for my family as well as taken some to a cookout. It was such a hit at the cookout! People kept telling me how moist and flavorful the chicken was and I loved it because it really is easy. I can't take credit for making it up- many people recommended it online and I'm sure there are many who already cook chicken this way.

It's crockpot BBQ Chicken and all you need is chicken, Coke or Dr. Pepper, and your favorite BBQ sauce. And there's the crockpot, of course :)

Simply place your choice of chicken into the crockpot. I use bone-in but you can also do it with boneless tenderloins or breast tenders but just make sure you cook those for less time. Add a 1/2 cup of dark soda (I used Dr. Pepper the first time I did it because it was all we had). Then add 1-2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce to cover the chicken. I'm sure you could experiment with adding other sauces for flavor, but so far it's been good for me with just BBQ sauce.



Cook on low for 6-8 hours (cook for less time if using boneless chicken). You can check the chicken and take it out when it's tender enough for you. I did chicken legs and thighs for 7 hours and the meat was literally falling off the bone! If you don't like it this tender, then you can take it off sooner.


Optional: Broil chicken in oven for a few minutes to crisp it. OR place on grill for a few minutes to crisp the skin and give it that nice grilled flavor.

By the way, this week, Holly Farms chicken legs and thighs are on sale at Food Lion for $.99 per pound. I also think I saw some on sale at Harris Teeter, too. 


Also, KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce is on sale at Harris Teeter this week and if you use a $1.00 off 2 coupon, the coupon will doubled making both BBQ sauce bottles free!


With those prices, this is a meal that everyone will love and it won't break the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment