Background

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good Deals at CVS


For those who like drug store deals, I noticed a few good ones at CVS this week.


CVS offers "Extra Care Bucks." These are given on certain products if you buy them using your free CVS savings discount card. After you pay for the item, you are given Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) back attached to your receipt, and you may use these on a future purchase. They are basically like cash that you can use in the drug store. I like to start out by buying an item for which I will receive extra care bucks, and then using those extra care bucks to buy something else, thus not having to spend more of my money. If I get more extra care bucks, I can just "roll" them again into another purchase by doing another transaction. This can go on until I get tired or until I just don't have anything else to buy. If I have ECBs left at the end, I can save them in my coupon binder to start out with on a future purchase, although I will admit that I don't like to save them because I am afraid that I will lose them or forget to use them before the expiration date.


I wanted to list below all the items that I saw in the ad and how much they cost, along with how many $$$ in Extra Care Bucks you could get for buying them. Don't forget that you can also use coupons on these items to reduce your out of pocket expense, and there are coupons available for many of them. See if there's anything below that you could use!

Zyrtec (5 ct) $5.99   Buy one and receive $5.99 in Extra Bucks  (making them free)-  limit of 1 ECBs
Motrin PM (20 ct)  $4.00  Buy one and receive $3.00 in Extra Bucks- limit of 3 ECBs
Bayer Advanced Asprin (20 ct) $3.00 Buy one and receive $1.00 in Extra bucks- limit of 1 ECB
Off or Raid Clip on (1-2 ct) Receive $2 extra care bucks when you buy one- limit of 2 ECB
$5 ECB when you buy 2 Eyelashes or Artificial Nails
$5 ECB when you buy $15 in Maybelline cosmetics


These are just a few of the good deals that I saw. Check your CVS paper for more Extra Care Bucks deals! Last day to take advantage is Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment