Background

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Saved 75% on Groceries with theKraft Promo!


 I paid a total of 14.69 plus tax for all of the above groceries! Note- all name brand!

Want to Learn to Coupon? Check out an upcoming Workshop
  Click here for more info!
I finally had a chance to do the Kraft promo on Tuesday. By doing so, I saved 75% on my groceries! For those who are unfamiliar, Kraft is running a promo where you earn money back simply by purchasing certain items. Click here to see a full list of the items. Although most of us associate Kraft with cheese, there is a wide variety of products that will qualify, such as Oscar Meyer hotdogs, salad dressing, and lunch meat, so be sure to review the list. This promo will work at Harris Teeter and Lowes Foods; Food Lion in Raleigh was included on the list, but I personally did the promo at Harris Teeter.

Kraft Promo Details:
  If you buy 3-5 of the products, you will earn a Catalina coupon back for $2 off your total purchase.

If you buy 6-9 of the products, you will earn a Catalina coupon back for $5 off your total purchase.

If you buy 10+ of the products, you will earn a Catalina coupon back for $10 off your total purchase.

I was going for the full $10 off, but made a mistake about one of the items that qualified so I ended up just buying 6 items. I may go back and do the promo a second time. Below is how it worked out for me:

First I bought this:

 Before coupons and sales, total was $21.56. AFTER coupons and sales, I paid $9.89 plus tax AND received $5 back for doing the Kraft promo.

My total was $9.89 plus tax for all of the above. Most of the items were on sale, I had coupons AND they counted towards the promo. I received a $5 Catalina coupon at the register after I paid.

Coupons Used:

2 Kraft Singles Cheese, 16 count- $1.00 off 1 from Harris Teeter home mailer and $1.00 off 2 from Coupon center on my website (see left, although I think they may have run out)

2 packs of Oscar Meyer Hotdogs- $1.00 off 2 from Coupon center on my website (see left). The hotdogs were already B1G1 free so after my coupon they were $1.32 per pack.

Lunchable- $1.00 off 1 coupon from Harris Teeter home mailer

Oscar Meyer Selects Roast Beef- $4.99- used $1.00 off coupon from Harris Teeter home mailer


Need to organize all those coupons? 
Check out our binders here! They are the BEST 
organizational system around for couponing!

The total for those items would have been $21.56 but I only paid $9.89 plus tax so I felt good about that. The Deli Meat was expensive (close to $6 regularly) but I had a coupon. The cheese was also on sale but I had both a Harris Teeter coupon that they mailed me and a manufacturer's coupon that I used on the cheese. I ended up paying about $.67 per pack of 16.

I then bought the following items, used coupons and also used the $5 Catalina coupon that I earned from the first items that I bought:

I paid $4.80 plus tax for all of the above! 
Pictured: 2 cans of Hunts Diced Tomatoes, 2 Cans of Bush's Baked Beans, 2 Bags of Birds Eye Frozen Vegetables, Polly-O-Twist String Cheese, Cooked Perfect Homestyle Meatballs

Coupons Used:

Bush's Baked Beans- $1.00 off 2 from Coupon center on my website (see left)

Hunts Tomatoes- $.75 off two digital coupon from Harris Teeter EVIC email

Birds Eye Frozen Veggies- $.50 off 1 coupons from here

Polly o Twist String Cheese- no coupon

Cooked Perfect Meatballs- $1.00 off 1 coupon from Sunday paper, meatballs ended up being $1.87 per pack, a great deal!

$5.00 off total purchase coupon from Kraft items that I purchased in first transaction
******************************************************
The total was $4.80 plus tax for everything! How awesome is that?

In the end I paid $14.69 plus tax for both photos worth of groceries, and I feel that I got some great items. 

A couple of tips- double check and print the list here and take it to the store so that you know exactly which items qualify. Also, pull coupons to match the promo because then you will save even more and still earn the money back. Finally, ask the cashier if their Catalina machine is on and if it has been printing coupons. Sure enough, I asked, and my cashier said "Actually mine hasn't been printing." She checked it and it turns out that the paper was jammed. So all customers before me had been missing out on their Catalina coupons and I would have, too had she not fixed it. So glad I asked!

I may try this promo again- you can do it as many times as you wish, only once per transaction, though.

Let me know how it works out for you! You have through September 15th to do the promo. I did it at Harris Teeter but some Kraft cheeses are on sale this week at Lowes Foods, so you may want to try it there, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment