Background

Friday, April 20, 2012

Lowes Foods Super Doubles Deals

I paid $10.46 plus tax today for 5 Mr. P's Pizzas, 2- 100 count Lowes Foods paper plates, 6 jars of baby food, 3 bags of Lowes Foods frozen potatoes, 2 bags of Alexia Sweet Potato Fries and Kraft Milkbite Bars (not pictured).  
Not too bad!

I ran into Lowes Foods today mainly to grab the Turkey Hill Ice Cream and came out with a few great deals that I thought I'd share.


Interestingly, the item I went in for, Turkey Hill Icecream, was out. After $1 doubled coupon, the ice cream is only $1 plus tax. Regular price was $4.99, so $1 is a steal.


Items I did get are posted below: (my favorites are in RED)


Beechnut Baby Food- 6 jars for FREE (used $1.00 off 3 coupon printed online)
Lowes Foods Paper Plates 100 count-  $.48!
Lowes Foods Frozen Potatoes- $.50 (used the $1.00 off one bag coupon from Lowes Foods Spring Booklet)
Kraft Milkbites- $1.00 (used $.75 off coupon printed online)
Alexia Sweet Potato Fries- $1.00 (used $1.00 off coupon printed online)
Mr P.'s Pizzas- $.60 each (used $1.00 off 5 coupon from Lowes Foods Spring Booklet)

A note about the Lowes Foods Frozen Potatoes- this was such a great deal! There were several to choose from, including tater tots, shoestring fries, steak fries, seasoned fries and sweet potato fries. I bought three bags.

Also, I am in love with the paper plates deal. Only $.48 for 100 paper plates! I gave up on dishes a few months ago but I've been struggling with the expense of paper plates. It just feels like such a waste of money! These Lowes Foods paper plates are fairly sturdy. You could also pay a little more and get the even sturdier paper plates 100 count and still use the $1.00 off coupon. 

One note- Lowes Foods did have some problems with a couple of my coupons, so don't feel singled out if you do, too. It seems their cash registers go nuts if you redeem a coupon that after doubling, ends up being more than the item was worth. This is perfectly acceptable, but the cash register doesn't like it and in the case of my baby food, I had to get a manager's override. Also, a few of my Spring Booklet coupons did not double. I watched closely and pointed this out and the manager adjusted. So, it seems that I have to be a little more vigilant about these things at Lowes Foods than I do at Harris Teeter.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I will find the $1.00 Turkey Hill Ice Cream in stock before the week is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment