Background

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Awesome Deal on Name-Brand Sunscreen at Rite Aid!

 I got 8 bottles of sunscreen for $3.61 each! 
These would have cost $87.92 if I had bought them full price with no sale!


With three children and a pool in the backyard, sunscreen is a valuable commodity around here! One thing I have learned is that the time to get your sunscreen is NOW! 

Stores (especially drug stores) are gearing up for summer by offering great deals on many summer products such as bug spray, outdoor items, and sunscreen. To make things even sweeter, the manufacturers have put out coupons to match many of these sales. I can guarantee you that you won't see these deals in the dead heat of the summer; by then, the sales and coupons will be sparse. It pays to get stocked up now before it gets hot and before you end up running to the store on your way to the beach and paying full price. Regular price on most sunscreen is between $8-$11 per bottle. I know some people buy dollar store sunscreen; call me paranoid, but I just don't trust it as much. Besides that, I prefer the spray-on and I have never seen that at the dollar stores. Again, with children, it takes forever to rub sunscreen on, so I really love to buy the easier-to-use spray.


But, of course I don't want to pay full price for it!


This week Rite Aid had several very generous deals on sunscreen. For the record, CVS did, too, but by my math the best deal was at Rite Aid. I will explain below how I got eight bottles for about $3.61 each!


I had to do two transactions. The reason is that I earned +UP rewards (Rite Aid money) off the first transaction, which I then applied to the second transaction to help save on my second purchase.


Transaction #1
First, buy 6 bottles of Banana Boat and use 3 $1 off coupons. 
After paying, you will get back $10 in +UP rewards to use on another shopping trip!

This week at Rite Aid, buy $30 worth of Banana Boat or Hawaiian Tropic Products and get $10 in +UP rewards back.

Banana Boat Sunscreen is ALSO on sale for B1G1 free this week at Rite Aid- makes the deal even better!


I bought 3 bottles of Banana Boat Spray Sunscreen for $10.99. I got 3 more for FREE, since they are on B1G1 free sale through Saturday. $10.99 x 3= $32.97, so I have now met the $30 requirement to earn my $10 +UP reward.


I also applied 3 coupons for $1.00 off one bottle. I had six coupons but you can only use one coupon per set when you're doing buy one get one free at Rite Aid.


After sale and coupons, my total was $29.97 plus tax. I then got back $10 in +UP Rewards to use on my next order, so it's almost like those 6 bottles cost me $19.97!


Transaction #2
Second, buy two Coppertone Sunscreens and use the $3 off 2 coupon from the Sunday paper. You'll owe $2.98 plus tax AND after you pay, you'll get $4 back in +UP rewards to use 
at Rite Aid on another shopping trip!



I then bought two bottles of Coppertone Sunscreen. Coppertone is on sale this week at Rite Aid for $7.99 (regularly it costs $10.99). I had coupons for $3 off 2, plus Rite Aid has a promo where if you buy a bottle of Coppertone, you earn $2 +UP rewards per bottle, limit 2 rewards.


So, I bought two Coppertone for $15.98 and then used my $3 off coupon, making the total $12.98. I then used the $10 in +UP rewards from the first order I did and applied it to this payment, making the total $2.98 plus tax for two bottles of Coppertone! As if that weren't enough, after paying, I got back $4 in +UP rewards, so I really made $1.02 off that second transaction. How awesome is that?


In the end, I got $87.92 worth of sunscreen for only 32.95 plus tax AND had $4 in +UP rewards left to spend on my next trip.

+UP Rewards look like this. They are basically money that you can use at Rite Aid on future purchases, with some limitations (like tobacco, alcohol, lotto). 
They are attached to the end of your receipt, so be sure to look!


Now my only dilemma is estimating how much sunscreen we'll go through this summer! By the way, if you want to do these deals, the coupons were in the last two Sunday papers, Raleigh editions. You can also find some online by searching with my coupon database above. I also saw some sunscreen coupons in the Red Plum E-book of printable coupons, too.


Even if you have no coupons, you can still take advantage of the awesome sales right now (especially the B1G1 free at Rite Aid) and also the promos that are being run (such as the buy $30 and get $10 +UP rewards back).


Don't get caught without your sunscreen this summer! You have until Saturday night to get these deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment