Background

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gotta Love Hump Day!



Hump Day (more commonly known as Wednesday) is an exciting day in my household! Since tomorrow will be Wednesday, I figured I should tell you why I like it so much.


Wednesdays are when the grocery store sales start over. Grocery stores (I am speaking of Food Lion, Lowes Food and Harris Teeter) start their sales each Wednesday and run them until the next Tuesday. I think most other grocery stores follow the same pattern.


Every Wednesday I suggest trying to get your hands on a store flyer from the store you like the most. I actually get one from all three of the grocery stores in my area. This way, I know what the best deals are and can plan my shopping trips for the week accordingly. If you pick up a Wednesday newspaper, you can avoid driving around to each store because the Wednesday paper will have all of the grocery store ads in your area in the middle of it. You can also use a website such as www.southernsavers.com to get a list of the best deals at each grocery store. That website usually posts the deals every Tuesday in preparation for the new sales that will start the next day.


Even if you use an online database such as Southern Savers, you still have to do your homework! By looking at the flyers I often find deals that the online databases didn't see. Don't worry- it's fun! Each Wednesday, I look through the ads and match up items that are on sale with the coupons that I currently have. This way I am buying the items on sale AND saving even further by using a coupon.


Also, I suggest paying close attention to the front page of each grocery store ad because that page usually contains the "loss leaders." Loss leaders are the items that the grocery store puts on extreme discount. They may even lose money on those items, hoping to get you into the store. The front page will usually have some of the best deals of the week, so even if you don't have time for anything else, skim the front page of each grocery store flyer for the really good deals of the week.


Since tomorrow is Wednesday, I will be checking out the sales and will post anything that I find that looks promising!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! Love your blog and all the helpful coupon advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome....thank you for reading. I feel special having a little audience, lol....I hope I'm able to share something new with someone.

    ReplyDelete