Background

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time to Stock up on Mustard!


If your family uses mustard like mine does, it's time to stock up! Even if they don't, you can stock up for family gatherings since Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and summer cookout time is coming up. 


There's another reason to buy mustard right now- it's FREE at Harris Teeter! If you go HERE, to French's manufacturer site, you can print out loads of coupons for French's products, including worcheshire sauce, regular mustard, honey mustard dipping sauce, and spicy brown mustard. Many of these coupons are under $.99, so they will all triple this week at Harris Teeter. This makes many of them either free or really inexpensive. I'm talking only a couple of cents, if that much.


I always tell folks that if an item you use is free or extremely cheap, you should stock up as much as possible! I say that because it's much better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! In fact, I have a funny story to tell about that.


On Tuesday night, we ate leftover polish sausage dogs from our cookout on Sunday. I checked the fridge on Tuesday evening and noticed that our mustard was pretty much gone. There might have been a few squirts left. We checked our cabinets to no avail- we were COMPLETELY out of an item we needed, breaking my cardinal rule.

So, I told my husband that I didn't know what to do because I couldn't eat my sausage dog without mustard but I didn't want to buy any because I knew I could get it for free the next day, on Wednesday, since triple coupons were starting. I ended up going to the store and buying a little store brand mustard for $.65, which tasted awful! It was so tart. I have gotten used to eating name-brand mustard, I guess.


The moral of the story- STOCK UP! I plan to do just that this week and hopefully, we'll never again run out of mustard!

1 comment:

  1. The mustard story is funny! I could feel your panic about not having a coupon and needing an item! I'll have to tell you my peanut butter and sour cream story from tonight :)

    ReplyDelete