Background

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Free Peanut Butter for All!



Well, maybe not for all, but definitely for those that have the matching coupons! I got 11 jars for FREE! Actually, I did have to pay a penny tax per jar, but I'll take it!


This week Skippy Peanut Butter is on sale at Harris Teeter for $2.99, Buy one Get one free. That makes each jar $1.50 each. That is a good deal.


Then, I had coupons for $.75 off of one jar. These were in the July 31st Red Plum insert from the Sunday paper. At Harris Teeter, the $.75 doubles to $1.50 off, making the peanut butter FREE! I love it!


Now, if you're wondering where I got 11 coupons from, the answer is EBAY. I actually bought 20 and shared some with a friend. If you also would like to get some of the Skippy coupons to use this week, go to EBAY and search "Skippy Coupons." You will see many different ones come up. There are some out there for $1.00 off of one jar, which isn't as good as my $.75 off that doubled, but you would still pay only $.50 for the peanut butter if you use the $1.00 off coupons. 


One warning- these coupons expire August 28, so you would need to order today and ask that they mail them ASAP. I have had great luck with sellers mailing me my coupons quickly- I've gotten some in only two days!

A couple of notes- all of the Skippy was on sale, so I was able to try out different types. I got some of the  naturals, which have no hydrogenated oils and is all natural. I got some regular and some crunchy. I also tried out one jar of the reduced fat. I figured why not? Also, the peanut butter all has long shelf life- expiring in fall of 2012, so I will not have to buy peanut butter for quite some time!


Keep in mind that you are only allowed to use three of the same coupon in one trip. Some cashiers are more strict on this; it's really just luck of the draw. Some cashiers stick to the three coupon rule whereas others don't seem to know or mind this rule. If you get a cashier who is a stickler, just go to another store or come back the following day to use more coupons.

The Harris Teeter at Mayfaire was very stocked up and had plenty, including a display at the end of the aisle. The Harris Teeter at Ogden had less. I left plenty on the shelf for others, so be sure to get in and get this great deal this week!

8 comments:

  1. I have coupons for this i think so I will be trying to get me a few jars, thanks for sharing this deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if it works, Jennifer! Good Hurricane food, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this!
    I am really glad I found your website!
    What area are you living?
    I live near by Ogden area, I never have luck on HT Ogden or Mayfair if there are free items, so normally I go to Lumina station!

    I would love to swap coupon or sometimes give it free if Im not using it, sometimes i put on the shelf at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free Gatorade at Walgreen :

    Buy (1) Gatorade 20oz $1.59
    Pay = $1.59, Get Back Catalina for FREE Prime & FREE Recover

    Transaction2
    Buy (1) Gatorade Prime $2.49
    (1) Gatorade Recover $3.79
    Total = $6.28
    Use Catalina coupon from transaction 1 = FREE Prime & FREE Recover Coupon (max value $2.49 & $3.79)
    Total = FREE, Get Back Catalina for another FREE Prime & FREE Recover

    I just got back from Walgreen Ogden, they out of stock the Gatorade Recover, so I just keep my catalina coupon for another time (expired 09/01/2011)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also used the Skippy peanut butter coupons, but didn't make out as well as you did. I live on Oak Island, so heading to Harris Teeter in Wilmington would have cost me more in gas then I would have saved. Lowes Foods had their Skippy on sale (unadvertised, which is why I always carry my binder) for 2/$2.50, with the $.75 coupon doubling, I paid $1 each. I also got my coupons off of Ebay (24) and my son, husband and I made two trips. We go threw a lot of peanut butter at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting that awesome deal, Erwina! I hope to try it out before the deals switch out on Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erwina, I live in Ogden, too, so I usually shop the Harris Teeter in Mayfaire. Have you liked Delly's Deals on Facebook? If you do, there are people there who you can offer out coupons to and swap with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poormtnmom, I know what you mean about the peanut butter. I love it for when I can't think of anything else for lunch for the kids! When I saw this deal, I was elated. I think you still got a great deal and yes, it always pays to carry that binder!

    ReplyDelete