Background

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Easy CVS Zyrtec Money Maker


Have you seen this week's CVS ad? It came out on Monday and you have until Saturday night (Dec. 31st) to take advantage of some great deals.


According to this week's ad, Zyrtec (5 ct.) is on sale for $5.99. You pay $5.99 out of pocket for it, but if you use your CVS Extra Care Bucks card you will get an ExtraBucks reward for $5.99 back! You can use that $5.99 to buy anything else in the store. I plan to buy Theraflu with it, which is also on sale plus I have coupons.


To make the Zyrtec deal a money maker, you will need to also use a coupon. You can do the deal with no coupons at all, but if you can get your hands on a coupon for Zyrtec, that will make the deal even sweeter. I searched the Delly's Deals Coupon Database for Zytrec coupons and several came up. Here is a link to one on the Zytrec website for $2.00 off (there is also $4 off one but it's for a larger count than 5 count). If you use the $2 off coupon, you will only pay $3.99 out of pocket but you will still get back the full $5.99 Extra Care Buck reward, so you essentially made $2! I love Zyrtec for allergy season- around April/May/June, I can't live without it!


Also note that Theraflu is on sale and there have been a ton of matching coupons for Theraflu in the past couple of month's Sunday newspapers. Theraflu is on sale for $4.77 which is already a good price. If you buy two, you get $3 in Extra Care Bucks back. So, two would cost $9.54. I also have a coupon for $4 off two in my binder so that brings my out of pocket cost down to $5.54 for the Theraflu. I will then apply the $5.99 in ExtraBucks that I earned from my Zyrtec purchase which will make my Theraflu free. Not only is it free, but I will get $3 in Extra Care Bucks back after I pay for the Theraflu! I can either save the $3 for a future purchase or spend it now on something else in the store. 


As I always say, get your medicines BEFORE you are sick! If you wait until you are sick, you will surely pay full price for medicines that you could have gotten for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment