Background

Monday, October 22, 2012

Easy Chili Recipe plus Coupon for Canned Tomatoes

To make chili you need tomatoes. Print a free coupon from my website (see coupon center on left and click "see all coupons") that makes DelMonte canned tomatoes only $.50 per can at Harris Teeter through Tuesday night! You can print the coupon twice, too.

This cool weather is making me really crave chili!

I love chili for so many reasons. Not only is it good but it's easy to make and relatively healthy. It is also VERY economical- a few inexpensive ingredients go a long way and can feed a lot of people. Perfect for my family of SIX!

One key ingredient is tomatoes. I prefer name brand and right now there is a coupon for DelMonte canned tomatoes on my website AND they are on sale at Harris Teeter for $1. Buy two cans, use the coupon and they become $.50 a can. You can't even get store brand for that price!

Delicious and Easy Crockpot Chili

You need:

Crock Pot

3 Cans of Kidney Beans (sometimes I do 2 cans of Kidney and 1 can of Black Beans) I rinse the beans to get rid of some of the sodium.

McCormick Chili Seasoning Packet

Cooked, Drained Ground Beef (1/2-1 pound, depending on how meaty you want it)

2-3 cans of diced tomatoes (depending on how tomatoey you like it) I use the basil, garlic and oregano seasoned ones

Mix all the ingredients together in a crock pot and let cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours. Stir occasionally. If it seems too thick, you can add a little water to taste but know that it will get more watery as it cooks anyway. 

Optional toppings: Shredded Cheese, sour cream, chives, onions, crushed tortilla chips, hot sauce or anything else you like!

I also like to make a pan of cornbread with it. So filling!

To me, it tastes even better the next day, so you can prepare it, refrigerate it and eat it the next day if you think ahead. Or......put it on in the morning and let it cook all day on low and it will be ready for dinner!

I can make an entire crock pot of this using all the above ingredients and the cornbread for less than $10, and it provides a meal and plenty of leftovers for another meal or two.

How do you like to make and eat your chili? Print your coupon for DelMonte tomatoes from my coupon center on the left!

No comments:

Post a Comment