Background

Monday, May 9, 2011

$.50 is too much for Dish Detergent


I never pay any more than $.50 for name-brand dish detergent, but usually, I get it for FREE! 


That's because there is always a coupon for either Gain or Dawn in the monthly P&G (Proctor and Gamble) coupon insert that comes out the first Sunday of the new month in the newspaper. Most of the times, the coupon is for $.50 off, so I just wait until either Harris Teeter or Lowes Food puts the detergent on sale for $1.00. When they do, I use the coupon, which doubles and makes the detergent free! I get a couple every month when this happens, so I never need dish detergent and I always get nice name brands, too.


Today I made an exception to my usual rule of never paying for detergent. I got a big 25 oz bottle of the new Palmolive Soft Touch with Vitamin E. It was on sale for $2.00 at Harris Teeter and there was a $.75 off coupon in the May 1st Smart Source insert from the Sunday newspaper, so after doubling I paid only $.50. Normally it costs $3.39 if you buy it when not on sale. 

Considering how big the bottle is and that it smells great AND feels wonderful on my hands, I decided that I would break my rule and shell out the $.50 for this detergent!

No comments:

Post a Comment