Background

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Super Double Coupons Trip #1- $1.93 plus tax for $82 worth of groceries!


I think today was one of the best trips I have ever had at Harris Teeter Super Doubles! In the end I paid $1.93 plus tax. before coupons or sales, the total was $82.47. Another thing that made this trip nice was that I got a wide variety of items, from ground pork, to rope sausage, to lotion, to cat food, to household cleaners. Couponing is definitely not just for junk foods!
See all the ZVR coupons? Those stand for "Zaver" and mean the Harris Teeter EVIC coupons that you upload to your shopper card. Sign up for EVIC online at www.harristeeter.com and they will send you an e-mail where you can click the EVIC coupons and add to your card.

Since I can only double 20 coupons per day, I will go back tomorrow for more items. My first trip is always just a fun trip where I see how much I can get for how little. The rest of the week is more serious, where I will actually try to stock up on some items that my family uses. Even though they may not be freebies, I still expect to save 50%-75% during the rest of the week. I saw lots of deals today on coffee, cat and dog food, vitamins, paper products and baby items.

I even made money on a couple of items! 
(Dawn Dish Detergent- on sale for $.99. Use a $.50 paper coupon from 10/28 P&G and a $.50 ZVR Harris Teeter online coupon- it all comes off and you end up $.51 in the positive!)

Being organized is half the battle. I had planned out my trip last night and organized the coupons that I planned to use and placed them in the "To Redeem at Checkout" section of my binder. I am also glad that I had organized my binder this past weekend because there are always sales that I was not anticipating and I was able to easily find coupons to match those sales.
I try to have my trip planned before I go, having pulled the coupons that I think are good deals. Visit www.southernsavers.com and click "Harris Teeter" to see lists of deals.

But it still pays to have your coupons organized in the proper section in your binder for those surprise sales that you come across in the store. That way, you can easily find the coupon when you need it and match it to the sale!

Normally I suggest leaving your children at home if you can because it's easier to concentrate when you are alone. However, I did bring along my five week old daughter and she was my little shopping buddy today. She slept the whole time!
My shopping buddy was a good girl today!

See the details of everything I got today below and be sure to share your deals on the Delly's Deals Facebook page this week!

Freebies:

Smithfield Ground Pork- (use coupon from Sunday paper)
Waggin Train Dog Treats (Sunday paper)
Huggies Wipes 64 count (All You Magazine October)
Dawn Dish Detergent (money maker +.51 cents)
Ramen Noodle Soup 6 packs (Sunday paper)
Maruchan Yakisoba Noodles (Sunday paper)
Benecol Buttery Spread (All You Magazine)
House of Autry Breader (Sunday paper)
Febreeze Car Freshener
Frebreeze Set and Refresh
Nectresse 0 cal Sweetener

Cheapies:

Cat Chow- paid $.34 (use coupon from the Coupons.com savings club, click red box above to top right on my site
Coffeemate paid $.06  (printed online here plus used $.50 ZVR coupon)
Dawn Hand Renewal- paid $.25 ($.75 off paper coupon from 10/28 P&G plus $.75 ZVR coupon)
Kelloggs Nutrigrain- paid $1.00 ($.75 off printable from my coupon center on the left)
Stouffers Family Size Mac n Cheese- paid $.99 ($2.00 paper coupon plus $1.00 ZVR coupon)
Keri Lotion- paid $.17 (used $2 coupon from August Sunday paper )
Smithfield Rope Sausage paid $.50 (used paper coupon from Sunday paper)

I apologize that I can't list the sources for all my coupons. Some were already cut and in my binder so I can't list the exact newspaper that they came from. However, you can use my coupon database above if you want to find any coupons. Just type the product name and all the different sources for a coupon matching that product will appear.




No comments:

Post a Comment