Background

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Star News vs. News and Observer!


This week there were three coupon inserts in both my Star News and News and Observer papers. Some regions also got the special Target insert, but I did not see it included in either of mine, so I guess we weren't one of those special regions. Inform me if you did in fact receive the Target insert.


Both papers had the special Proctor and Gamble insert with $39 of various P&G coupons.


Both papers also had a Red Plum and a Smart Source.


The Raleigh Red Plum was thicker and included basically the same coupons that were in the Wilmington Red Plum plus more. Both papers had the Marcal paper towel coupons, which are nice to use at Food Lion when the paper towels go on sale for $1. Since the coupon is $1, you get the towels for free, so be on the lookout for a sale on those in the upcoming weeks. I also liked the Digiorno Pizza coupons that were in both newspapers. The coupon is for $1.25 off Digiorno combo pizzas, such as the Pizza and Wings or Pizza and cookies. Those will probably go on sale soon, too.


Other notable coupons included Halloween candy coupons and a $2.00 off Wisk coupon, both only in the Raleigh paper. Raleigh also had the Perdue chicken coupons and the Domino sugar coupons, both of which I like to use. Sugar coupons don't come around too often, so I'm happy to see them. I do expect to see more sugar and baking coupons with the Holidays coming up, so now is the time to start stocking up on sugar and baking items for the year.


Both papers had Smart Source inserts but again, the Wilmington paper had significantly less coupons. One coupon in the Wilmington Smart Source that I liked was the $3.00 off 1 Snapware product; I did not see this coupon in the Raleigh paper. Both Smart Source inserts had the Johnsonville Italian sausage coupons for $.50 off, Tyson anytizer wings coupons for $1 off, and the Arm and Hammer coupons for $1 off. The Raleigh Smart Source included plenty of medicine coupons, too.


In the end, this week I would definitely grab one or two Raleigh papers if you could. It had the same coupons as Wilmington plus more. Unless you really want the $3 Snapware coupon, which was only found in my Wilmington paper, I would just buy one or two copies of the News and Observer.


Until next week...happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment