Background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

$.10 Mars Candy Bars at Harris Teeter


I don't mean to encourage the consumption of mass amounts of candy bars but if you're going to eat candy bars (or any other junk food, for that matter), you may as well get a good deal on it!

This week at Harris Teeter you can get $.10 Mars candy bars. This sale is a continuation of a sale that I saw last week. Mars Candy Bars (Snickers, M&Ms, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Twix) are on sale for B1G1 free. Original price is $1.19, so this week they are .60 each. Not a bad price.

In addition to the sale, I found coupons at the Mayfaire Harris Teeter (near the front registers). There was a huge M&M/Mars display that had coupons attached to it. The coupons were for $.50 off 2. Since Harris Teeter doubles coupons every day (coupons that are $1.00 or less), the $.50 doubles to $1.00 off 2. That makes two candy bars only $.20 for two ($.10 a piece)!

Just thought I'd share. Truthfully, this is the time of year to stock up on snack package type foods. I mean things like small bags of chips, cookies, graham crackers, snack crackers, cereal bars, juice boxes, gummies- anything you could imagine a child taking to school in their lunchbox. Many of those items are on sale right now and I'm seeing many matching coupons. I am also seeing many sales and coupons for peanut butter and jelly.

I suggest having a snack box or bin or bag in your home. I keep mine in my closet so the kids cannot access it freely. They can choose one a day during their afternoon snack. I agree that it is tempting to have snacks in the house, especially when they are easily accessible. For that reason, if you know you have issues of self-control, I do not suggest stocking up big time on these items. There is just too much temptation.

However, if you can consume these items in moderation, this is the time of year to get some great deals on these items and maybe even have a little stockpile for yourself or for your child to use throughout the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment