Background

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Great Deals on Razors at All 3 Drug Stores this Week!


One of the things that I love about couponing is the ability to get higher quality, name-brand products for better prices than their no-name counterparts.

I often joke that I've spoiled my husband. Before I got into couponing, he would buy the dollar store razors. They worked okay, but we had assumed that the more expensive, name-brand razors were way out of our league.

We were so wrong! Now, I buy him the name-brand, fancy razors for dollar store prices. I usually get them at the drug stores- either Walgreens, CVS or Rite Aid. Another tip is that when they go on sale with matching coupons, I buy more than one. I may buy 4 or 5 one week and then not buy razors for a few months. That makes more sense than buying only one when they go on sale and then having to buy another a few weeks later when they are no longer on sale.

One final tip that I've found is that it is often cheaper to buy a new razor than it is to buy the replacement blades. The replacement blades can be expensive, even when I use coupons. Many times, I can get a brand new razor for him for $.99-$1.99.

This week, the Gillete Fusion ProGlide razor is on sale at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid. The deal is the same at each store. You will need the $4 off coupon that came in both the Wilmington and Raleigh Red Plum coupon insert today. 

CVS:

Buy one Gillete Fusion Pro Glide Razor (men) or one Venus Razor (women)
Cost: $9.99

Use: $4 off coupon from the August 12th Red Plum insert
Pay: $5.99 out of pocket
Get Back: $4.00 in Extrabucks from CVS (promo running this week only, through next Sat. night)

Counting the Extrabucks, it's like you paid $1.99 for the nice razor.

I actually have $5 in Extrabucks left over from last week that I can use when paying, so that will make my total out of pocket only $.99 but I'll get back $4 in Extrabucks, so it's like I make money off the transaction!

*Note- CVS limits you to only 1 Extrabucks reward on the razor per week, so you can really only do this transaction one time at CVS.

Rite Aid:

Buy one Gillete Fusion Pro Glide Razor (men) or one Venus Razor Kit (women), Gillette Mach 3
Cost: $9.99

Use: $4 off coupon from the August 12th Red Plum insert
Pay: $5.99 out of pocket
Get Back: $4.00 in +UP Rewards (promo running this week only, through next Sat. night)

Counting the +UP Rewards, it's like you paid $1.99 for the nice razor.

*Note- Rite Aid Limits you to earning only 2 of the +UP rewards on the razors per week, so you can only do this transaction one time at Rite Aid. 

Walgreens:

Buy one Gillete Fusion Pro Glide Razor (men) or one Venus Razor (women)
Cost: $9.99

Use: $4 off coupon from the August 12th Red Plum insert
Pay: $5.99 out of pocket
Get Back: $4.00 in Register Rewards (promo running this week only, through next Sat. night)

Counting the Register Rewards, it's like you paid $1.99 for the nice razor.

*Walgreens will allow you to repeat the transaction as many times as you'd like. The only limitation is that you cannot use a razor Register Reward to pay for another razor. In other words, a second Register Reward will not print out, so you need to do separate transactions if you wish to earn multiple Register Rewards doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment