Background

Friday, May 4, 2012

How I Saved over 50% doing the P&G Promo at Harris Teeter!



Every few months or so, Proctor and Gamble runs promos where if you buy X number of their products, they will give you a bonus. It could be a gift card, money off your next purchase, a free item, etc.


This week they are offering a promo where if you buy $40 worth of select P&G products, you will get a $10 VISA gift card. After paying, a coupon that you can mail in will print out, so be sure to get it at the register. You do have to send in for the gift card and it will be mailed to you, but it's a great deal, especially since many of the products are on sale and have matching paper and digital coupon.


The beauty is that you don't even have to pay $40; just buy $40 worth of products and then use coupons to bring your total down. If you needed some of these items anyway, this is a great time to buy them. Some of the items included are: Charmin, Bounty, Pampers, Febreeze, Iams, and many more. Click here to see the full list.


This is what I did tonight:

Bought 2 Jumbo packs of Pampers Swaddlers Diapers- 18.99
Bought 2 Jumbo packs of Pampers Baby Dry Diapers- 18.99
Bought 2 Sets of Oral B Dental Floss- 5.98


Total before coupons: 43.96 
I have now met the $40 minimum purchase to earn my VISA gift card. Now let's use some coupons!


I used:

2 different Diaper Coupons that I printed online from my website (coupon,coupon )

2 coupons for $1.50 off Swaddlers Diapers= -$3.00
2 coupons for $1.50 off Pampers Baby Dry= $3.00
2 $.50 off coupons for Oral B Floss= -$2.00 (they doubled) These coupons came from the P&G insert
Total- $8.00 off


I also used digital coupons from my Harris Teeter EVIC email:

$1.00 off Swaddlers Diapers
$1.00 off Baby Dry Diapers
$.50 off one Oral B Floss
Total- $2.50 off


So, $43.96-$10.50= $33.46. Not bad for four packs of diapers and two sets of expensive dental floss.


But, don't forget the $10 VISA card that I'm getting! Count that and it's like I paid only $23.46 for all those diapers and two packs of dental floss.


Without my coupons or sales, these items would have cost me 53.94! Sounds crazy that people would pay that, huh? But people do it all the time! They run out of something like toilet paper or diapers or floss and run to the store and pay full price when they could have bought it ahead of time and benefited from the promo and all the coupons.


Check out the Proctor and Gamble promo! You have until Tuesday night to take advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment