Background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How I Prepare for Triple Coupons


How do I get ready for a special event such as Triple Coupons Week? I'll show you below!


I first go to Southern Savers and check out their lists of many of the deals that are to be had this week. Jenny, the lady who runs the site, posts many of the free and cheap deals of the week, along with coupon matchups. This list is invaluable, as it saves me so much time. I simply click the boxes of any items that I would like to have and if I have that same coupon I know that I'm going to get a good deal. She also tells you if there is an available printable coupon. I can print the coupon right there from the site, and then print out her shopping list to take with me to the store. Yes, I do go through each list. It is slightly time consuming, but since I don't normally do this much work, I'm willing to do it during triples week. I figure the great deals and stockpile that I will accomplish this week is worth it! This should cut down on my shopping in future weeks.


Next, I go through all of my coupons in my binder and pull any that will triple ($.99 or less), particularly if it's a coupon that I think Jenny mentioned or if it's an item that I think will be a good deal after tripling. Remember, it's all guess-work until you see the official ad come out on Wednesday morning, so just go ahead and pull any that are of interest to you and hope the item will also be on sale next week.

Next, I take my Southern Savers list and paper clip all coupons to the grocery list that I made. If I have time, I organize the coupons by aisle in the store, in order to save myself time. I have found that if the coupons are all set and ready to go, I save time by going in order from aisle to aisle, rather than walking back and forth across the store. I usually start at the produce section and work my way around the store from there.
My list of deals printed from Southern Savers, along with matching coupons paper clipped. 
These are my free deals, the ones I will try to get first!

All remaining coupons (and believe me, there are a lot of them- over 100 for me), go into my envelope labeled, "Triple Coupon Deals" and I will pull them out before my next grocery trip and decide which to use. Remember, you can only double or triple 20 coupons per day, so if you have more than 20, you will need to go back another day.

All of my triple-potential, pulled coupons,
paper-clipped together by aisle, ready to go for price checking.
 

If I really want to get a certain deal, I get up early on Wednesday morning (6:00 a.m.) and get there early, shop, then be in line to pay at 7:00 a.m. Coupons won't triple until 7:00 a.m. It pays to be there early because often the items that will be free or really great deals will sell out. 7:00 a.m. is probably overdoing it, but I have to shop before my husband goes to work. One of my rules is that the kids don't go with me shopping! So, if I don't go early, I have to wait until my husband gets home in the evening, and some things would likely be gone by then. Also, I don't like to make multiple trips looking for items, so things that I really want, I try to go ahead and get early on the first day.


I hope this post has been helpful to you in showing how I get ready for triple coupon week. It's going to be a busy week, that's for sure! Feel free to share with me how you organize yourself for this special week!

No comments:

Post a Comment