Background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Contacting the Manufacturer for Coupons


 Manufacturers really have to compete for our business nowadays! Just think of how many options we have out there. Consider chips or cereal for example. There are so many choices, not only amongst different manufacturers of similar products but also amongst the store brands. Most grocery stores offer their own versions of popular items from everything including cereals, chips, juices, milk, yogurt, bread- you name it! If there's a name brand, there's usually a store brand available too.


What this means for us, the consumers, is that the manufacturers have to compete a little harder for our business and one of the ways they do this is by offering coupons to entice us to try their product. Many manufacturers offer coupons repeatedly (each month) in the newspaper and online. For example, I can bet on the fact that Kelloggs will put coupons in the Sunday paper monthly for their products. Many manufacturers have web pages where you can sign up to be on their mailing list. I do this and quite often I get coupons sent to me in my e-mail from them monthly. Proctor and Gamble has even sent me coupon booklets in postal mail before!


Another way to get coupons is to write the manufacturer. I've been hearing stories in my workshops from people who have had success with this, so I decided to do a project. I'm going to write ten different manufacturers via email and see how many respond to me with coupons. I can't wait to report back on how this is going! I did one yesterday for a specialty shampoo that my husband has to use, Nizoral. It is SO expensive and I never can seem to find coupons for it, not even online. I wrote them and heard back the next day! They said they would be glad to send me coupons. I was so excited, so I will report as to how long they take to arrive.


One lady told me that she did this with all of her prescription meds and that each manufacturer sent her high value coupons, including some that were $25 off! She said that she could use them even with her insurance and the $25 off took care of the copay. How awesome is that? I definitely suggest writing the manufacturer especially when specialty or expensive products are involved.


I plan on writing ten manufacturers this week, so I will report back soon on the response! For now, here is a link to Kelloggs website. They sent me some great coupons in my e-mail today, including $.70 off of Cheese-its or Keebler crackers. These crackers are on sale this week at Harris Teeter, so with the coupon they end up being only $1.10 a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment