Background

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Racking Up at CVS!

 I bought all 20 items from CVS today for $17.44! Pictured: 2 Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergents, 10 Aussie/Herbal Essence Shampoos, Conditioners, and Products, Kleenex, 36 count Playtex Tampons, Kotex Tampons 18 count, Schick Intuition Women's Razor, Yardley Soap, Papermate Pens, Gatorade 32 ounce

Drugstore deals can be tedious but the rewards are so extreme that it can be worth it! 


So many people don't know that you can save tons of money by shopping at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid. Pre-couponing, I thought drug stores were expensive. Boy was I wrong! If you shop the sales and PLAN your trip, drug stores can net you lots of free items.


I want to demonstrate with CVS because I shopped there this morning. This is an amazing week at CVS, so if you have time, try to get by there today. Their deals end on Saturday nights, so you still have time! 


At CVS, I always look through the sales flyer at home before I shop. I scope out items that are on sale and that I also have coupons for. Third and most importantly, I try to find items that offer Extra Care Bucks. Extra Care bucks are rewards money that you can spend at CVS only. After your purchase, they come attached to your receipt and you can redeem them on your next transaction, right away if you choose.


I buy items using coupons and then take the extra care bucks that I just earned to buy more things for free! You can also use coupons along with the extra care bucks to pay even less. Again, it can be complicated but it's worth it! Let me show you what I did this morning:


I bought:


Schick Intuition Women's Razor with 4 blades
A box of Kotex Tampons 18 count
Skintimate Shaving Cream
Playtex Tampons 36 count
PaperMate Pens 8 count


I used coupons on all of these items except the pens, and I ended up paying $25.04 including tax. For buying all of these items, I got back $14 in Extra Care Bucks to use inside of CVS. I spent them right away on my second transaction which was the following:




2 Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergents 50 ounces each
10 Herbal Essence and Aussie Shampoos, Conditioners and Mousse
1 Box of Kleenex 
1 Bar of Yardley Soap
1 Gatorade 32 ounce


I had 5 coupons for the shampoos, each coupon being for $3 off of two. Since I bought ten I could redeem five coupons, thus saving $15 off. I also had a CVS coupon for $5 off of a $25 purchase, which I could also redeem because it was a CVS coupon and I had certainly spent $5. Finally, I used all of my $14 in Extra Care Bucks towards the final price. So I SAVED $34 on that second order and only paid $2.10 for all of those items!


So, my total out of pocket was $27.14. Not bad for everything I got. But wait.....it gets even better....I earned a ten dollar gas card for buying the shampoo and detergent!


So if you factor in the gas card, you could say I paid $17.14 for everything I got (20 items), less than $1 per item. Considering that I bought some very expensive items (razor, laundry detergent, tampons), I think that's pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment