Background

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Never Pay for Toothpaste Again!


There are certain items that a person can generally never pay for if they pay attention and use the coupons when the item goes on sale. One of those items is toothpaste! 


Today, I picked up 15 tubes and got them all FREE. I only had to pay the tax (4 cents each). This is how I did it:

The Colgate 6.4 oz. toothpaste is on sale at Lowes Foods for $1.00. It normally costs $3.09 if not on sale, so I'm already saving $2.09 simply by buying it on sale.


I looked in my binder and noticed that I had a $.50 off one Colgate coupon. Since Lowes Foods doubles coupons, that $.50 doubled to $1.00 off and became free! That was a super easy deal. I stocked up and bought 15 of them, since I use them as giveaways and I also added a few to my stockpile of toothpaste. I won't run out of toothpaste anytime soon and most likely, another sale will come up before I run out. Thus, I should NEVER have to pay for toothpaste!


Note that I got name brand toothpaste, too. Even store brand isn't this cheap. Dollar Store toothpaste is only $1.00, but often the size of the tube is tiny compared to the big 6.4 oz. that I got.

By the way, if you need coupons for specific brands of toothpaste, I suggest looking on EBAY. There are coupons for pretty much anything you want there, on sale for cents on the dollar.


What items do you normally get for free with your couponing?

1 comment:

  1. You have a money maker! There is a Colgate rebate for $5 when you buy $10 in Colgate-Palmolive products. Saw the form on ebay...

    ReplyDelete